We are looking for a dedicated python / backend engineer to work within a team to optimize the code and scale the solution to operate within the client requirements.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· 3-5 years of experience as a Python Developer.
· Expert knowledge of Python and related frameworks including Django and Flask.
· Working knowledge of Docker & microservices solution architectures in Python.
· A deep understanding and multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of Python.
· Familiarity with server-side templating languages including Jinja 2.
· Ability to integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
· Experience in working with postgres databases.
· Familiarity with testing tools.
· Familiarity with CI pipelines (git & gitflow, sonarcloud, postman, etc)
· Exposure to Cryptography an asset.
· Exposure to payment systems an asset.
· Exposure to other programming languages (Java/C#) desirable.
· Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
Position: Permanent / Full time
Work Hours: 40 hrs / weekly – remote work
Leave: 15 days per year with mandatory leave over Christmas & New Year.
30 days sick leave over 3-year cycle
Salary: R30,000 – R48,000 CTC per month
Conditions: Medical Aid / Hospital Plan & Pension / savings mandatory
Time Zone: GMT +2